Flying by jet is an awesome, fabulous, and convenient experience. You can enjoy your flight in luxury, while never having to deal with lines, delays, or air traffic. While it can be a great option, it is also complicated if you are unfamiliar with the private jet charter process. Here are the top 5 tips for people who are new to reserving private jet charters.
- Do your research and choose a jet charter broker with caution. It is easy to search for a broker and find tons of options, but you will want to filter through in order to find a professional who is truly knowledgeable and good at what he or she does. Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, ask friends or family members for recommendations. You should also take the time to call and ask questions rather than just get information from a website. Within a few minutes you’ll be able to tell which companies really know their stuff and provide quality service, and which do not.
- Compare the differences between different air craft sizes as well as types to decide which is right for you and your particular needs. Simply saying you want the smallest plane to get you from point A to point B could end up poorly. Often you may end up with an extremely old model, that doesn’t look nice, is missing amenities like a bathroom, lacks a galley to heat up food, or has speed or range limitations. If you ask for cheap, you will have to lower your standards and expectations. Instead, do some research to find out which plane will accommodate your needs and passengers the best.
- One of the conveniences of flying by jet is that you can leave whenever you want to. While the jet will accommodate your needs, you should request a sliding schedule, if you don’t plan on sticking to a specific time. If you choose a time without a sliding schedule and show up hours later, you could have a problem. Sliding schedules give you a 1 to 3 hour time window, providing ample flexibility.
- Understand what empty legs are before you request. While it can work in some cases, in most it is just not practical or possible for a company to offer you a flight for $500 to $1000. As a novice, asking for these flights may make you sound uninformed or naive, unless you truly understand the aviation business.
- Choose the right airport to fly from. Novices often want to fly out of huge, major airports. It is often better to fly out of smaller airports or private ones. These are usually less congested, more convenient, closer to your home, and less prone to traffic delays.
When traveling by jet, it is essential that you follow these tips. Be sure to research different companies and ask questions to find a quality service like AVjet Corporation. Also, request a specific air craft or size, choose a sliding schedule if you want flexibility, avoid asking about empty legs unless you really understand what that means, and choose to fly from a smaller airport when possible. These tips will help you to ensure an enjoyable smooth private jet charter experience.